Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The last few days have been damp, gloomy, cloudy and of course with a wonderful drizzle. Many yards, driveways, streets are flooded. For this time of the year, I have seen more rain then I can remember. I have never been concerned about flood insurance, however with weather alerts warning us of flooding, I think about it a little more often. Our lives are a mishmash of should I or should I not, what if, maybe, oh well, a little to late. I am sure you get the picture. My mother has repeatedly stated that life is an experiment. Once you have made a decision, for the most part, we can not undo. For instance, if a child disobeys, you could spank or yell, but once you are done, the course has been laid. We come back to the thought of, the should I or should I not?
The same is while you are battling a disease, the should I have or what if, come forth. There are many times, when I look back, maybe if I would have done something differently, maybe? I really cannot look into the future. I will never know if I should have taken that one anti-rejection drug or not. I actually tried three different types. All three cause some sort of harm to my body and yet with this further damage having occurred, was there any benefit? I will never know if I had not taken one of them could I be worst off then before. It seems to be that I am always searching, hoping, wondering if the abundance of life has been fulfilled? We so often feel that the abundant life is made of money, how many shirts are hanging in the closet or is the pantry full. Do I have enough insurance? We as a society are graded by the car we drive, the biggest home on the street, how many organizations we belong to. And why am I the one who is sick? Why not that person? Are people thinking that I am cursed or did something wrong and that is why I am diseased? A leper?
A poet once said:'Abundance is scooped from abundance, yet abundance remains.' or what about:
' All this is full. All that is full.
From fullness, fullness comes.
When fullness is taken from fullness,
Fullness still remains'

Or what about:' the greatest fullness seems empty, and yet it's use is endless.'

Regardless if I have enough flood insurance or not there is still plenty from which I can pull. All I need to do is pull from a view of the mountains, watching the droplets hang on the bough of an evergreen, watching the juncos play in the rain. Looking at the creation that abounds around me is the insurance that I need.
With a wink and a nod HeWal

No comments:

Post a Comment