Monday, January 2, 2012

When the weather is brewing storms, my body is also brewing it's own storms. My body aches. It takes the pain medicine longer to take affect.I feel like doing nothing. I use to think that I had no control. The weather has many different faces and when the weather's face wrinkles up, frowns, or tears up, I am doomed. I guess every moment we live is out of our control. I would see an accident and think if I had come through here a few moments earlier, I could be in the accident. Or in summer, I will water the flowers and then it rains later. I fill up the car with gas and the next hour it drops by 30 cents.
Our lives are essentially at the mercy of the vast powerful forces out there and beyond my/our control. Therefore, I am the victim of and at the mercy of--- As a consequence, it makes little difference what I want out if life; I have had to learn to settle for whatever I can get, since I am relatively powerless-however you are in charge of your life. No matter how many forces there my be which seem to influence or even dictate part of your life, there is always that part over which you control. When you are clear about what you want you will be infinitely less powerful and victimizable. You will not accept cheap substitutes willingly. It is not how much you know about life, but how you live your life that counts. Those who can avoid mistakes by observing the mistakes of others are most apt to keep free from sorrow. In a world full of uncertainties, the record of what has gone before-human experience-is a sure and reliable as anything of which we know.
The manner in which one single ray of light, one single precious hint, will clarify and energize the whole mental life of him who receives it, is among the most wonderful and heavenly of intellectual phenomena.
With a wink and a nod, HeWal

No comments:

Post a Comment