Saturday, December 24, 2011

Why when I retired, I am going to have all of this free time. With all of this free time, my flower beds, would be picture perfect. I was going to brush up on my art. Why even my younger sister, Jenny, is sending me pointers to further this education. I was going to read all sorts of books, especially American history, since I seem to lack in this area. I have not read one book on American history. I even went to the library and picked up a few books never to be cracked open. Baking was another area I was going to brush up on. Now with bake goods, my stomach never seems to be full of sweet doughy concoctions. So because of this one small point, I have been busy baking.
I was going to have coffee, at a book store here in BG, three or four times a week with friends. I maybe have done three or four in the last six months.
What happened to this time? Is it possable, that in this retirement life, I have neglected a life of simplicity? Eleanor Roosevelt once said 'A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think.' Time is like a block of marble. You can create simplicity by chipping away at the unreal, useless and the meaningless until like Michelangelo's David, you are left with a life that is breathtakingly beautiful. I use to instruct a number of courses on time management thru simplicity and maybe I have forgotten this one point that 'nature doesn't move in a straight line and as part of nature, neither do we.' The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith. None of us knows what is ahead, especially when faced with a progressive disease. The important thing is to use today wisely and well and face tomorrow eagerly and cheerfully and with the certainty that we shall be equal to what it brings. My body is waning. So maybe I did not get everything done, however did I love this past summer's time? No question it is YES.
With a nod and a wink? HeWal

No comments:

Post a Comment