Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I have neglected the flower beds the last couple months. I am always surprised how quickly nature tries to reclaim the land that has been lost to cliviliztion. Homes, acres of parking lot, driveways, streets along with woods cut down for fields of grains and ditches to drain away the swamps. It never takes long for maples, oaks, walnuts and cotton trees to sprout creating new woods. Poison Ivy, poke weed, corn flowers-just a side point, I love corn flowers a true blus flower-, dandelion-another side point a happy yellow flower- and others. A house left alone for long, will quickly need paint, proches in need of attention and holes show up on the roof. The affect of acid rain, the over use of many cides, and introducing invasive plants/animals. And then what about our bodies?
We limit our intake of fat, caffeine, sugars, and white flour. We check the list of ingredients, use only sea salt, and snap up organic produce. We try all sorts of diets, the latest cure all fruit and the over abundance vitamin/herbs. And what about the assorted side affects. The list of affect are far longer then the benefits. Thus in my case, I over compensate. It is no wonder that many of us are caught in a vicious cycle. What works for me may not work for you. I turn to you for advice, what should we do to stop this nightmare occuring in our bodies? I remember these words:
As life grinds on does it grind you away? Are you swallowed up by the hurts and bombardments of life or does the grinding nourish us? Do you allow the grinding to only grind away the grim of this old system or to rebuild us, refresh us?
I look forward to your words of wisdom, until the next time HeWal

No comments:

Post a Comment