Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What is it, when a man, goes to the store for groceries? At least with me,Ellen gives me a list of eight item and I come home with twenty-four items. I walk up and down the aisles and all of these products, jump out at me. I ask myself 'you know I will want to have this item for a snack, or want this for supper, or I can make this for breakfast and on and on.' Many of these items, are left unopened in the freezer, frozen like the mammoths of long time past. Each time this happens, I am scolded. The same questions-
Why? Who? What? When? And I have never understood the last w is how???? Every time, Ellen will review with me, the above questions and every answers are the same-I was hungry for it, it was on sale, i might forget about the next time I am at the store. As example, I saw some meat which was marked on sale. I count how many pieces are in the package and think this will provide two meals for four. Or when I am walking past the deli, it states ham on sale. You will save so many cents. So why not buy it. After all I am saving so much. Each week, Ellen will state 'Yes you might save so much, however you paid six dollars and that is not on sale. You stilled paid way to much.' Week after week it is always the same.
Men and women truly are different in every way. However,these difference, are what it takes to make us whole, complete. It is why most men need to be baby when faced with health problems and most women just live with health problems. In most cases, once again, it is what completes us.
Lao-Tzu wrote
"To remain whole, be twisted!
To become straight, let yourself be bent.
To become full, be hollow
Be tattered, that you be renewed."

The next time HeWal

2 comments:

  1. Your wise Aunt B had the same problem as Ellen. Her spouse loved to buy things, especially on impulse. Aunt would even prime the kids on how to answer if ice cream happened to be mentioned on the way home from any occasion. They all knew the proper answer to give. It was drilled into them on a daily basis. However, nearing an ice cream store, the sudden question would pop up - who wants some ice cream? The practiced answers were gone and in complete agreement except for Aunt who had a supply in the freezer at home, was out numbered. Besides whatever she might have had packed away was not the flavor offered - nor was it immediate. This could have involved other treats as well, but generally ice cream was the most enthusiastically approved.
    Someone has to hold on to the purse strings - the counterpart cuts them loose. Been there - done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with Ellen. My Hubby would always come home from the store with a bag of treats for the kids. I would promptly hide them in the rinse tubs for the washing machine. They would get the treats after they had eaten their broccoli. He knew how to get around me though. There was always a hershey bar with almonds for me. Reading the comment about Aunt B brought back memories. Dad was not only good for buying ice cream, we used to stop at a little bakery that had the most wonderful apple turnovers. What comes around goes around.
    Anonymous B

    ReplyDelete