Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another day into retirement. I was not ready to retire, however the opportune time arrived. I cannot seem to shake this fatigue that has been plaguing me for the last three weeks or so. Couple of weeks ago I finally call the doctor to see what is up with my body. Some test, a fasting and then blood taken. I was very low in the B-12 thus receiving a shot of B- 12 for the next ten weeks. Has anybody out there taken B-12 shots? As with everything else you take it has the potential of having mild to moderate or even serious side affects.

Since my battle with Poly, my little nickname, some of the medication has presented itself with the side affects. Such as some damage to the liver, kidneys, moles that have developed prompting the doc to remove. Some of the worst side affects have been:no longer eating spicy/hot foods. My two sons and friends we love to see who can stand the super hot/spicy foods. I love dark red and dry wine or that part any drinks with gin, out the window they go, well most of it out the window. My wife, Ellen, is one of the best cooks out there, I no longer enjoy the wonderfull meals she would cook up. I basically eat toast/jam/coffee for breakfast. Lunch is maybe some nuts, yogurt, some fruit, not much of anything. For supper/evening a bowl of cereal and a bowl of ice cream my truly only food group I love.

There is so much to learn from nature like the needle of the pine tree. They are sharp and harsh to the skin, however they provide a coolness with their shade, provide nourishing tea, the scent which relaxes and the way a breeze gently ever so softly sings it song.

Until the next time, HJ

1 comment: