Friday, August 5, 2011

Good Afternoon,

The last couple of weeks have been very difficult, due to the heat and humidity. What was to be a rather busy time period (county fair, camping, conventions, ever increasing yard work with the heat & rain) turned in to a doing nothing couple of weeks. I so enjoy being active to prevent my brain from saying "I am sick". For the last twenty-five years or so I taken my two sons camping in a primitive site at Mohican State Park. We go with, over the years, five - fifteen other dads, sons and those who are fatherless. With the heat/humidity/thunderstorms, I knew I would never last, so I stayed home. One of the dads had all of the camping group over for cards and story telling.

It is a time to hike, canoe, play corn hole, ball, cards (a time to-teach poker, (however something the mothers should never know)and whatever else comes along. A time to reconnect with our progeny, our friends sitting around the fire, the telling of stories "the Ifs and when". A time period that our grandfather and our dads use to experience.

We all live in a time of 'hurry up' such as driving in one line then switch to another lane to what gain maybe another 03 seconds? Why is it that we as grown men race about? Do we not have enough stress, tension and headaches in our lives to add more? Living with a disease is disquieting enough!

I do know that when everything is coming your way you are in the wrong lane!

Until the next time

No comments:

Post a Comment