Tuesday, August 30, 2011

the wonderment of life

I loss a great and understanding brother-in-law this past week. I am not sure why, but his death trouble me. It prick my inter-being. Mortality or immortaltiy? When young we cut our finger, or scrape our knees, tear a nail and yet the body heals itself. Wonderment of life! Can you remember every single injure to one's flesh? I would think that none of us, unless you wrote everyone down, are not capable of this feat. And yet our bag of bones-which is what we are, with the building block of dust- eventually wears out. Our entire consciousness our bones, our blood, our mind, it all shuts down.
All of the little cells, perfect little factories, in our body, always rejuvenating themselves. These unit living organism, constantly rebuilding our very existence. Even when we abuse, pollute, exhaust our very flesh, they continue to worked double time. But what happens to all of those laboring cell? Why do they stop breathing new life in this frame? What causes the DNA, our genetic engineering, our very essence to go on strike? Why? Why! Oh why? One might logically think 'I ate right, exercise and took good care of my physique. I do not want to die. I want to live longer or even live forever?' No matter how sad one gets, how old one gets or how sick one is, ultimately we want to live. We fight to live, we savor life, we relish each second, we what every moment to count.
Generations come and go. Life waxes and wanes. Populations die and populations give brith. Watching my great nieces Amber, Abby and Violet reminds why I love life. They infuse me with fresh air, laughter and vitality
So until the next time, HeWal

No comments:

Post a Comment