Thursday, August 18, 2011

You would think, being retired and fighting a disease, that days would drag by. Instead they fly by as if every moment is packed. I am reading, a second book, dealing about the universe. I have come to realize, the more I read, the less I know. I often wonder, how did I manage in school? What I did was, while in school, study what I needed, to receive that passing grade and then promptly forgot. So now, when I read, no matter what it might be, it is fresh, interesting and exciting.
How nice it would be, if each day becomes fresh and new. I once read and I quote:
"If we have the courage to lift our eyes above the agony of the moment, we may see a world in which the forces of applied science and the diffusion of knowledge offer to all men and nations a plane of living, a freedom and richness of spiritual, culture, and economic attainment that can scarcely be imagined at the present moment."

What do you think? HeWal

No comments:

Post a Comment